Update: June 16, 2017
The Province Wide Conversation: A Final Opportunity to Add Your Voice!
STAR (Step 2 1/2) June 14 – 23, 2017
We now ask for your engagement as we broaden the scope of the “STAR step” of our dialogue, with a focus on the provincial landscape. The STAR step invites all members of the community to participate.
If you participated in a previous step of Thoughtexchange, you will receive an email inviting you back into the process. Please take the opportunity to assign stars to those that strike you as most important.
For the STAR Step 2 ½, Thoughtexchange has provided a new link to permit those who have yet to participate in the engagement process an opportunity to contribute their thoughts. To take part, please register using the following link:http://signup.thotex.com/iceont/XeQ
If you have not yet been a part of the conversation, it is not too late!
As a first time participant you will need to click on the new link, through Thoughtexchange at http://signup.thotex.com/iceont/XeQ. Register with an email address and identify your role (parent, teacher, clergy member, etc.) and your school board. You then are included in the process moving forward.
Prioritize Ideas from voices within across the Province
Comments and suggestions generated by the 29 English Catholic School Boards, in response to the same open-ended questions will be combined to provide a comprehensive scan of the provincial landscape. Participants are invited back to engage in STAR. This round of facilitated, moderated on-line commentary is open to all respondents who participated in the SHARE and STAR steps and also for those who may not have participated. If you are new to this process, please use the new link to contribute your thoughts!
Update: May 30, 2017
Thank you all those who worked hard to ensure that phase one of the consultation process has been a big success. As of May 19, 2017, Step 1: Share has closed.
- All 29 English Catholic School Boards have participated!
- Hundreds of face-to-face meetings have engaged thousands of members of the Catholic education community in a process of reflection and dialogue about the challenges and opportunities facing Catholic education
- Nearly 4500 individuals participated online adding their voices to the conversation
- 20,387 thoughts, ideas, observations and insights have been contributed so far to this important conversation.
The individual voices of students, parents, teachers, administrators, support staff, clergy, trustees and community members all contribute important perspective as we continue to prepare as Catholic school boards, and as a publicly funded Catholic education system, to “Renew the Promise” of Catholic Education in the province of Ontario.
What’s Next: STAR (Step 2) – May 30- June 9, 2017
We now ask for your engagement in the next step, the ‘STAR step” of our dialogue where your voice is very important in shaping our vision for Catholic education. The star step invites all members of the community to participate.
- If you participated in the “Share” (Step 1) page of Thoughtexchange, you will receive an email inviting you back into the process. Please take a few minutes to review some of the thoughts that have been shared so far – your own, and those of others within the school board, and take the opportunity to assign stars to those that strike you as most important.
- If you have not yet participated in the engagement process, it is not too late!
- Click on the link http://signup.thotex.com/iceont/Pyv , register with an email address and identify your role (parent, teacher, clergy member, etc. and your school board. You then are included in the process moving forward).
The Institute for Catholic Education (ICE) would like to hear from all stakeholders in the YCDSB community about Catholic education in Ontario! “Renewing the Promise” is a dialogue to solicit your input about Catholic education in Ontario and will help guide the work of ICE for the future.
Our YCDSB teachers, staff, parents and students play a very important part of this dialogue process. All are encouraged to participate as key members of our school communities. You are invited to offer your ideas on-line, starting TODAY, through a special Thought Exchange website. Please log in at the link provided to complete the survey no later than May 19, 2017.
The ideas and comments you submit will provide important input for a gathering of the Catholic community later in the year on the theme of “Renewing the Promise”. When the process is completed, results and analysis will be publically available and form the focus for Catholic Education Week 2018.
Thank you in advance for your participation!